Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Is my item bespoke?
Yes, everything is made at the Northumbrian Tweed Showroom (part of a farm cottage) and handmade with the utmost care and attention. All embroidery designs are created by Susie the owner of Northumbrian tweed and can be adjusted to suit each individual order.
How long will it take to make my item?
Every single item is made to order and we do not hold any stock therefore you item is placed in a queue once it is ordered. It can take up to 15workings days until your item is dispatched. Items can be made priority if they are needed for a certain date e.g. wedding date, Christmas however an extra charge will occur.
How is my item delivered?
All items under £50 are sent Royal mail 1st class and are expected for delivery 1-2working days after. Next day delivery can be chosen at the checkout. Orders over £50 will be sent by courier usually Yodel48 or Parcelforce48 and can take up to 2 working days for delivery.
Will you notify me when my item is dispatched?
In most cases we are not able to do this as we receive too many orders every day however please email Susanne (Susanne@thenorthumbriantweedcompany.co.uk) directly and we will keep you informed as best we can if you so wish.
From ordering to delivery how long does this usually take?
Your order will take up to 3 weeks (15working days) for it to be received this is only during busy periods such as wedding season, Christmas etc. In most cases it will not take this long however sometime it can especially if we are waiting on tweed to be finished at the mill.
What if I’m not satisfied with my order?
Please see our about section which has the information on what to do if you would like to return your item. The staff at The Northumbrian Tweed Company are very friendly and will sort out the best possible solution for you.
What payment methods do you accept?
We now take payments via the website through Sage Pay, this also means that we are able to take card payments over the phone or in person so if you wish to discuss an order before placing it please do get in touch via our contact us page.
Terms and Conditions (Competition use)
Twitter Competition (01/09/2016)
- Winners will be chosen at random from all entries received on 01/10/2016)
- Entries that have been retweeted between 01/09/2016 09.00GMT and 01/10/2016 23.59GMT will be entered into the draw. Any entries received after this will not be included.
- You must be an established hotel, B&B or guest establishment to enter- this competition is not open to the general public.
- The winner will be contacted via twitter on 02/10/2016 through any method that is provided e.g. email/phone/direct message.
- The winner will receive 2x Official Northumbrian Tweed Cushion cover (no cushion inserts will be provided). They can be personalised to the establishment- e.g. logo, room number/name…)
- This competition can not be exhanged for any monetary value.
- Prize will be posted via Royal Mail signed for once the winner address has been provided.
- The winner will be give 7 days to contact the Northumbrian Tweed company to accept their winnings after this time if the current winner has not been intouch then the competition will be redrawn .
- The competition is open to all hotels, B&B within the UK mainland. Entrants from UK islands and outside the UK will be accepted by may included a small postage charge.